Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Bangkok Flower Market



I have been in and out of Bangkok so many times, and although my first few visits were less than enjoyable, and I have a very special place in my heart for it today. Despite the dirt, grime and obvious underworld, Bangkok has unending charm and is perhaps my favorite city in the world.

During this trip I did I made sure that Bangkok was a stop inbetween trips. I flew into Bangkok before going to Burma, then back before going to Bali, then back again before leaving Asia for Hawaii. 

On the first leg I had a few days to kill while waiting for my Burma visa to go thru. My travel buddy, Jenny, and I decided to try something different. The flower market was just that, endless stalls of flowers for sale. Apparently it is busiest just before dawn, however we got there just after and it was a beautiful yet mellow scene.












No comments:

Post a Comment